Traditionally, garlic was believed to have medicinal properties but now, research has confirmed its health benefits.
Let’s check out 5 amazing benefits of including Garlic into our daily diet.
Health properties of garlic.
1. Anti-Cancer: Sulphur properties in Garlic has been shown to destroy and shrink tumor cells in the body. It also prevents the formation of carcinogens which is associated with cancer.
2. Lowers blood pressure: Allicin found in GARLIC helps dillate the blood vessels which directly reduces blood pressure.
3. Cures cold and respiratory problems: It has been shown to combat cold and fever associated with respiratory tract infection. It’s high bacterial properties enable it de congest the lungs for a clearer airway. ( Chop about 4-5 cloves and wear inside shoe during the day or socks at night.)
4. Antifungal properties: Garlic has antifungal properties that treat fungal infections like eczema, athlete’s foot and ringworm. Wash affected areas and apply crushed GARLIC paste . Wash off after 30mins.
5. Lowers Bad cholesterol levels: High blood cholesterol (LDL) is one of the risk factors for stroke. Maintaining a low level of LDL reduces risks for stroke by 40%. Garlic has strong properties that acts to bring down bad cholesterol level.
Now, to the not so good side of Garlic. Yes, as wonderful as it is, it has some serious side effects.
1. Mouth Odor: If you need to go for an important interview, please do not near garlic with a pole. The same allicin which is responsible for its medicinal properties on one hand is chiefly responsible for the bad breath. So if you don’t mind, be my guest.
2. Risk of Excess bleeding: As a natural blood thinner, it increases the flow of blood and should not be taken by pregnant women (it may increase bleeding after delivery), people already taking blood thinning medications, wounds that need to clot etc.
3. Aggravate stomach ulcer: It should be taken with caution for those who have ulcer. It’s high antibiotic property makes it highly dangerous if taken on empty stomach. It can cause severe burning of the stomach lining or heart burn. Cases of vomiting and severe headache has also been reported.
4. Dizziness: Those already taking blood pressure medications should exercise caution. It’s ability to reduce blood pressure may cause dizziness, heart palpitations and fainting if taken with blood pressure medicines.
On this platform, our goal is to bring to you the correct information you need to lose weight. The plus and the minus.
I promise to be with you every step of the way.
Did you miss our September GET TRIMMED program? Click here
for details to get the 3-weekly manual.
Join our 6weeks slim down plan here.
Slow and steady weight loss plan to blast belly Fat and shed weight in just 6 weeks. Get ready to slimify ya self. Lols!