Anaemia or blood shortage is a very common condition when the body has low count of normal red blood cells. Lack of normal red blood cells reduces the transportation of oxygen to different parts of the body causing;
👉 Light headed feeling
👉 Shortness of breath
👉Fast heart beat.
In more severe cases;
👉ringing sound in the ear.
- Iron deficiency
- Low levels of B vitamins
- Blood loss from ulcers, pregnancy, child birth, accident, medical complications etc.
3 major causes of anaemia are:
Blood tonics and vitamin supplements are used to treat this condition. Blood transfusion in more severe cases.
Anaemia natural remedy
There are also natural home remedies you can use to improve this condition. Praise God!
- Dark green leafy vegetables like Spinach popularly called green in Nigeria or fluted pumpkin (Ugu), also water leaf and other dark leafy vegetables should be your number 1 choice. Add a hearty dose to your meals🍀🌿🍃. Don’t forget to cook for a little time to retain the iron and vitamins. You don’t enjoy chewing vegetables? No problem! Blend them up as a smoothie. See our exclusive green smoothies ebook to boost blood and get a flat belly while you are at it.
- Ugu juice: Blend a bunch of ugu with 1cup of Orange juice , 1 cup water. Sieve and drink a cup morning and night. Remember to wash your vegetables properly before blending. (This juice is readily absorbed into the system due to the presence of Vitamin C in Orange which increases rate of absorption of iron from the vegetable.)
- Beetroot juice: Wash, dice and blend 1 medium size beetroot with1 cup water, 2 tbsp lemon juice or 1tbsp lime, 1tsp grated ginger. Sieve and drink as above. Beetroot contains iron, folate and vitamins to quickly boost blood supply.
N.b: If bp is low already, please don’t take beetroot.
- Beef liver: Now this is the best source of readily absorbed iron. Animal sources of iron are better absorbed by the body than plant sources. This doesn’t rule out the efficacy of plant sources of vitamins and iron.
For a very quick fix, Season and cook diced liver and fish, add 2-3cups of vegetable of choice, simmer for 3minutes. Food is ready.
Other sources of iron to combat anaemia include:
Vitamin C rich foods and vegetables.
Also note that coffee and green or black tea reduces the absorption of iron from meals.
35 juicing recipes for flat belly ebook contains lots of home remedies for flat belly and good health. Get your copy 👇
Like us on Facebook to get notified of daily tips and weight loss tricks
Don’t let anaemia hold you down. Take care of yourself and it will thank you later.
Have you seen our weight loss made easy ebook? Learn the basics of weight loss and follow a natural 3 step system to weight loss.
Checkout our online weight loss E-book library for easy meal plans and timetables you can use to achieve results in less the time. All Nigerian foods.
THIS ARTICLE DOES NOT REPLACE MEDICAL TREATMENT. Consult your doctor if you have any underlying health problem.
Happy weekend folks!