Holiday and Diet are not the best of friends. Hmmm.. after cooking all the delicacies, I won’t come and chop?
But then, weight is harder to lose than to gain. I’m sure if I look at cake well enough, I’d probably gain weight by mere looking.
Having the following tips at the back of your mind will help you make healthier choices as you rock and roll this Easter holiday.
1. Never attend any event hungry! You know how you are so annoyed you didn’t get served on time at that wedding? You vex finish 3 wraps of fufu when it finally arrives or when you get home? It’s not a good idea. Have something before you leave your house. That way you are conscious and have control over your portion. You can also download free food journal to help you keep a tab on your eating behaviour.
2. Drink lots of water! Yes I said it. Water contains zero calories. Use it to trick your system into fullness. When you think of going for the second round of smoking hot jollof rice, pause a minute, Keep calm and drink water.
3. Take a walk! Don’t confine yourself indoors, even though that is what your body is yelling for. 10mins walk each day goes a long way checking your present weight. Peradventure you gain shinkili weight, it’ll help you shed it off.
4. Run from sugar! Asides helping you lose weight, forfeiting sugar has health benefits. Take it easy on soft drinks even when you are offered free. Learn to say no politely.
5. Life is more than food. Really! Get busy with other things. Admire the beauty of life, Philip 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.
May the blessings of Easter locate us and our families this holiday in Jesus name Amen.
4 Replies to “5 Holiday tips to avoid weight gain”
Thanks Coach! I’ll remember to apply these. Unfortunately I won’t be visiting you this season otherwise I go talk ‘No’ tire. Lol
Nne nwam, but I no de give you soft drinks na.. Lool
Awesome. I love this piece of info.
I love this piece of info