GINGER OOO, GINGER!!
I grew up with ginger, all thanks to my mum! It seemed to be her go to medicine for every ailment. You had an upset stomach, a running nose, fever, or cold, you must drink ginger. She reacts to white medications and so it became her God sent treatment for every ailment. Till today, I can’t remember my mum taking any particular tablet or capsule. If it became serious, she added dogonyaro and bitter leaf for maximum effect. You should meet her! Scratch that, you shouldn’t meet her if you have a sweet tooth.
I started loving this powerful root for real when I found out its weight loss properties. I made my own drinks to replace the sugary drinks I gave up and ginger was a major ingredient. In my “30 flat belly smoothies” e-book, I talked about its medicinal properties. You can get it here .
Let’s look at its 5 major weight loss properties.
1. It is a natural appetite suppressant. It has the ability to suppress the hunger hormone making you eat less.
2. It boosts metabolism which in turn enables the body burn stored fat.
3. It enables proper digestion of food and reduces fat storage
4. Research shows it also reduces bad cholesterol levels.
5. It also reduces cortisol production in the body. Increased levels of cortisol hormone make it difficult for the body to burn fat.
I hope with this few points of mine, I have been able to convince you and not confuse you that Ginger will help you lose FAT.
How do I prepare my ginger juice?
Since I’m a die- hard fan, I prepare it in bulk. No time for serenren.
Wash the stems,
Cut in small pieces,
Blend with a cup or two of water (depending on the quantity),
Sieve and squeeze out liquid,
Pour into containers and refrigerate. Shikena!
Now you have it in liquid form, add to tea, smoothies, pap, sauces, soups and stew.
Try it today and let me know what you think.
Please note: ginger contains blood thinning properties. If you are on any blood thinning medication like warfarin, you might want to consult your doctor before drinking ginger tea.
Like us on Facebook
Check out our weight loss library