Everybody loves ripe plantain. Well most people do because of its sweet taste. Whether fried, roasted, or boiled, its addition to any meal makes the meal more palatable and interesting. Could the same be said for it in it’s unripe state?
Let’s look at the health benefits of unripe plantain.
1. In its unripe state, it contains low sugar that is why diabetics eat it safely without worries.
2. It contains a great deal of dietary fibre which promotes digestion and prevents or relieves constipation.
3. The presence of potassium makes it a heart friendly food. It improves blood flow and regulates blood pressure.
4. Rich source of vitamin A for good eyesight and healthy skin.
5. Weight loss friendly due to its high fibre content that delays emptying of the stomach making you feel full longer.
Today I’ll share with you one of my favourite recipe for weight loss using unripe plantain and Ugba which is also a very good source of plant protein.
3 pcs medium unripe plantain
1 cup Ugba
Scent leaf or garden egg leaf
Black pepper (great metabolism booster)
Fish or meat of choice
Dice up unripe plantain
Add into pot of 2cups boiling water
Add ugba, stock fish, oil, seasoning and parboiled meat
Allow to boil for 10mins,
Add washed leaves, stir and bring down from fire.
Food is ready.
Cooking time: 15-20mins
Lose weight, Feel great!
(Checkout our 28DBR Program)Lose 5-15kg!
|Weight Loss Ebook||Price||ID||Model no||Click for details|
|10 day Apple Diet||NGN ₦3000.00||Wlme-10||VIEW DETAILS|
|28 day Body reset Plan||NGN ₦5000.00||Wlme-28dbr||VIEW DETAILS|
|50 Weight Loss Smoothies recipe ebook||NGN ₦5000.00||50Wlsre||VIEW DETAILS|
|Get Trimmed in 21days||NGN ₦5000.00||Wlme-GT21||VIEW DETAILS|
|Weight Loss Made Easy E-book||NGN ₦5000.00||Wlme-01||VIEW DETAILS|